- FIA Site June Updates
- SOBRAC NOTÍCIAS – nº 6
- SOBRAC NOTÍCIAS – nº 2 – Ano I
- INAD 2011
- SOBRAC NOTÍCIAS
Sede da Presidência
Laboratório Nacional de Enegenharia Civil – LNEC
Av. do Brasil, 101
1700-066 – Lisboa – Portugal
Fone: 351-21-8443273 ou 331-9227 – Fax: 351-21-8443028
Prof. Jorge Patricio, Ph.D.
Sede da Vice-Presidência
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina – UFSC – Centro Tecnológico – CTC
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica – EMC – Laboratório de Vibrações e Acústica – LVA
Cx. P. 476 – CEP: 88040-900 – Florianópolis – SC – Brasil
Fone: 55-48-234-4074 ou 331-9227 – Fax: 55-48-233-4455 ou 234-1519
Prof. Samir N. Y. Gerges, Ph.D. (Vice-Presidente)
Sede da Vice-Presidência 2º
Vice-President Head-office 2º
Pedro Alarcon, 877,
San Miguel, Santiago – Chile
Fone: (56 2) 4489820 – Fax: (56 2) 3746486
Christopher Rooke C.
Sede da Secretaria Geral
General Secretary Head-Office
Laboratorio de Acústica y Luminotecnia LAL-CIC
Comisión de Investigaciones Científicas
Camino Centenario y calle 506, (1897) Manuel B. Gonnet,
Pcia. de Buenos Aires – Argentina
Phone: (54 221) 484-2686 – Fax: (54 221) 471-2721
Prof. Nilda Vechiatti, Ing.
The Ibero-American Federation of Acoustics (Federacion Iberoamericana de Acustica – FIA) is a non-profit scientific association, created in October 1995, in Valdivia –Chile, being its members the Acoustics Societies of the Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.
The acoustics societies of South America have been working together, mainly organizing conferences like the 1st Brasilian-Argentine Acoustics Congress (I Congreso Brasileño-Argentino de Acústica), that took place in Florianópolis, in April 1994, and several other congresses organized by the Valdivia Austral University Acoustics Institute (Instituto Acústico de la Universidad Austral de Valdivia, Chile) in 1994 and 1995, also with the participation of the Acoustics Societies of Spain, Peru and Argentina.
The aim of the Ibero-American Federation of Acoustics is the development of acoustics science and technology areas, gathering the Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries associations; Its main goals are:
- To invite the associations working in the field of acoustics to become member of the Federation, in order to promote its development.
- To establish links between acoustics associations, private and public companies, scientific institutes and universities, syndicates, etc..
- To contribute and promote the creation of new Acoustic Associations in Ibero-american countries, where they do not exist, and to help and support the existing ones.
- To maintain a broadcasting and information system in acoustics throughout member countries.
- To promote research in acoustics, and the use of the correspondent technologies.
- To organize congresses, workshops, courses and meetings, and all activities towards the acoustics development.
- To draw cooperation agreements with international organizations for the fulfilment of the Federation objectives.
- To promote the exchange of knowledge, experience and initiatives in each country, the acoustics development.
- To push acoustics studies, actions and planings, at all levels, and at both technical and university level.
- To promote the production of standards and recommendations on environmental acoustics, to improve the quality of life.
The FIA is a member of the International Commission of Acoustics (ICA) and an observer member of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (IINCE).